Here we go with the weekly roundup of our #makedoandmendhour Twitter chat (every Thursday 8-9pm!!)
Pics we shared:
1. Before and after of some re-painted cupboards from @NearlyHere
2. Shopping bags made from brolly ‘skins’ @SueArcher6
3. The shopping bags cunningly rolled up and secured using the original tags from the brollies! More genius from @SueArcher6
4. Broken crockery saved from the bin and given a new lease of life by @KarenCannard
5. Textile scraps made into pretty jewellery by @madebymrsm
6. @PrettyNostalgic are getting ahead of the game and drying out their lavender harvest ready for use in Christmas presents!
7. Chickens! @Bluebirdanielle is now the proud owner of some chickens, and looking forwards to living the Good Life
8. A spot of snazzy re-upholstery from @AGahlin
9. @Sweetmyrtle has been busy making calendula salve-it looks edible!
10. @GDUKStyle shared some more wine bottle inspiration (anyone else sensing a theme to Chris’ upcycles..?!)
11. Brilliant Freecycle find from @RachaelHodgetts
12. Ladder shelving inspiration from @nikkiw76
13. Brilliant headboard upcycle shared by @GDUKStyle
14. Beautiful craftsmanship from @Maker_of_Things making these wooden trowels-too lovely to use in the garden!
15. Hexapuffs! From @BeckyAnnison
16. Hexapuff blanket! From @BeckyAnnison
17. Gorgeous fabric and some VERY neat sewing from @Sweetmyrtle with this Tailors Ham and Sleeve Roll
18. Another ladder inspiration from @GDUKStyle
19. Some gorgeous patchwork from @JenMcGeachie
20. @SueArcher6 shared her cable inners last week, and now here they all are, on homemade reels, ready to be upcycled!
21. Loving the lace detail on these jeans shorts from @WardrobeAngel
22. @Maker_of_Things managed to get this lovely Singer going again for @SueArcher to work some more of her Make Do and Mend Magic!
Things we learned:
Links we shared:
It was a super busy hour-I nearly couldn’t keep up!
So pleased the warm weather isn’t putting people off their Making Do and Mending